Wednesday, February 04, 2009

So tired

I had weird dreams and overslept this morning, but still managed breakfast. I tried cream of wheat with prunes again, but made the full portion. People have recommended making it with milk to be more filling, but I didn't have any (and it sounds kind of gross to me), so splashed in some soy milk with the water. Maybe I'll get used to the taste, as I did with soy milk in coffee and tea (now cow milk tastes off for those), but it was kind of yucky. The half grapefruit was nice though, and I segmented the other half and left it in the fridge for Spouse. I also, in addition to the ubiquitous tea, had watered-down pineapple juice that I was trying to make into a full serving. Also kind of yucky.

Snacked this morning at a staff meeting on two fortune cookies they handed out. Still hungry.

The hot lunch offerings were not doing it for me today (BLTs or fish) so I hit the salad bar. Greenery with a small scoop of egg salad and some pasta with "lite" ranch and a tad of Russian dressing. The veggie soup today was tomato basil with ravioli, so I had that too. And I'm on my second bottle of water.

Had three bottles of water at work and a large glass at home. After work I went to the grocery store at Porter Square because they have Bisto. Had a hellish time with the self checkout (it doesn't like people who bring their own bags), but managed and got home to chore. Did the dishes, popped a cake in the oven and then set to work in the bedroom while watching 'Alfred Hitchcock Presents.' Did about 10 minutes, which is still unnoticeable, but it will get there eventually. Next I made the custard to go with the cake. Spouse came home to get some network cards and ran out again before I started dinner. Dinner is a red pepper bisque and aloo gobi with Quorn.

3 comments:

edrie said...

go water!

edrie said...

That dinner sound fantastic!

Teru said...

It was! And I had the lat of the soup tonight.