Thursday, January 08, 2009

Off the wagon

I really, really need to start bringing fruit and/or nuts to work for snacks. I probably would have been okay today if there hadn't already been the bag of M&Ms from the vending machine in my desk. Grr.

Morning:
Granola with yogurt, tea with sugar and soy milk, water

Afternoon:
Veggie lasagna, white wine (we had a small party-type thing in the office), water, fucking peanut M&Ms

Evening:
Salad with orzo and the rare (a is not often, not as in lightly cooked) bit of fish; powdered sugar doughnut in class (treats for the last day), beer, homemade bread.

No exercise as I'm home late due to the class.

The bread came out really nice. Keeping a starter and having a very slow rise (dough was made at 7:00 last night and loaves formed at 7:00 this morning) helped the flavour a lot. Spouse baked them perfectly (although with my hyper-detailed instructions, it would be hard not to), and even saved me some to come home to. A hunk of bread and tankard of ale was just what I wanted! Although the beer tastes a bit funny in the metal tankard.

No comments: