Monday, January 26, 2009

First day of Breakfast Week

In spite of getting nearly no sleep last night, I managed to make not only breakfast this morning, but lunch for both myself and for spouse. I had Cream of Wheat with prunes today and made the serving size for infants and toddlers listed on the side of the package. The regular serving size seems HUGE, but the half cup portion was perfect. I also had half a pink grapefruit (why can I never find white grapefruit anymore?) and tea with soy milk and no sugar.

Lunch, since I've already packed I know what it is, will be vegetable soup, two small vegan chicken salad sandwiches, and a banana.

Nothing was filling today! I started snacking on my lunch at 9:30 and after I finished the huge thermos of soup, remaining tiny sandwich and infant banana, I was still hungry. Starting on a mocha now made with no sugar added Swiss Miss.

Dinner is all about comfort food. I was freezing when I got home and hungry all day. I'm making Gimme Lean "meat" loaf, little stuffing balls (added some bread to the onion, celery and bread crumbs left over from the loaf), sauteed sprouts and broccoli, mashed potato and carrot. Also had a beer and water (and yes, I drank lots of water, about 2 litres, throughout the day at work.)

2 comments:

edrie said...

cream of wheat with prunes!!! I haven't tried cream of wheat since I was a youngster - I wonder if I would like it these days

Teru said...

I liked it, but had forgotten how it adheres to EVERYTHING. there was a coating on the spoon I couldn't even scrape off with my teeth!

I think I needed more food for breakfast too. I broke into some of the soup at 9:30 and a sandwich (the sandwiches are about the size of 1/2 or 1/3 normal bread) at 11:30.