Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Look at the Little Hand Too

I hit snooze several times this morning, finally dragging myself out of bed at 6:50. Since I try to leave for work around 7:00, this meant it might have to be a cold cereal day. But then, the voice of Bob Oakes telling me it was 6:01 caused me to whip around toward the kitchen clock. Oh, that's where the small hand is!

It seems that when kitty woke me in the middle of the night by pushing the alarm clock off the bookcase and wedging it between the bookcase and the wall, the time on that clock got a little screwed up. I should have realized something was up by just how dark it was, but I'm in no shape for logic before I've had my tea. Saved from cold cereal, I had oatmeal with prunes, pineapple juice, tea with soy milk and sugar and an orange.

Today was the first day of classes so the students were swarming like locusts. I got to the refectory at 12:30 and saw the last of the "student special" being dished up, plus all the pizza and "Heart of the Plate" (a protein, starch, usually whole grain, and veg sold by weight) were long gone, I settle for a grab-n-go veggie sushi and scraping the bottom of the dish of white bean soup.

Dinner, which will be blogged more about on Urban Earth Mother was last night's beans, apple and sage veggie sausage (one for me, two for spouse) and chips. Oh the chips!

I didn't drink nearly as much water as I should have today. I was often thirsty, but was pressed for time and didn't run to the well to fill the old skin bag. I think I need a larger water container to alleviate this problem. Then when I do go to fill up, I can get enough for most of the day.

4 comments:

edrie said...

oh you naughty kitty

Teru said...

God I was pissed about that! But at least I was up on time and was able to guzzle half a pot of tea before I left.

edrie said...

I have a 32 oz bottle that I refill for work, I figure 1-2 of those during the work day takes care of it for those hours and at home I manage about 32 oz more

Teru said...

Mine is only a half litre, so I try to have four of them. Actually, I think I'll go refill now!