Monday, March 23, 2009

V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N!

I was officially on vacation at 12:45 this afternoon! Hooray! Plus I just found out that my stepsister is in labor. New baby!

The weekend was rather nice. Spouse and I went out to dinner Saturday where I didn't finish anything of my fish, potato or squash. Sunday we had folks over for a roast dinner or lamb (or seitan), roast potato, parsnip and carrot, peas, broccoli and gravy. Dessert was a steamed pudding with custard. It was YUM!

Today I just had tea and bread and butter for breakfast (still full from last night) and then went off to a morning conference. By lunch it was vacation time, so I had a martini and my first Restaurant Week meal of parsnip soup (yum!) and mushroom risotto which, sadly, included white truffle oil so smelled like decaying feet. Hopefully I'll have better luck with the next Restaurant Week meal, whatever that may be.

Dinner was homemade vegetable soup and beer.

3 comments:

edrie said...

Did you go to grafton street?

I hate truffle oil!!!

YEAH vacation - what are you doing for it?

Teru said...

Yeah, it was Grafton.

Teru said...

Oh, my only real plan is to have as many restaurant week meals as possible. Martin and I plan to do lunch tonight and I might go out to dinner by myself while he's at SETC