Tuesday, March 24, 2009

My niece was born early this morning!

I still have no details other than they had to do a c-section (which was how Liz, the mother, was born as well) and mother and baby are doing fine. I still don't even know her name! As soon as Liz is p for phone calls, she's going to let us know herself, so I'm waiting for mom and A to get the news.

Breakfast was a grapefruit half and tea. Lunch will be at Lock Ober at 2:00. They've reopened for lunch for restaurant week so we get to try them out for only $20pp! And they have a huge menu for restaurant week, which not everyone does.

HUGE meal! We think we were getting better attention from the waiter because Spouse had his lovely suit on (plus we're always polite to waitstaff.) Spouse had fresh spring pea ravioli in potato soup, Statler chicken with asparagus and Bailey's and hot butterscotch sundae. I had field greens with crisp goat cheese, Locke-Ober fish and chips (very crispy fish and average fries with amazing malt vinegar beurre blanc) and cheese cake. Oh so decadent! I want to go back there again!

2 comments:

edrie said...

oh yum!!!!! I was taken to Loce Ober by MIchale of InstqaSlack

still felt like a men's only place because I was the only lady there for most of my meal...

Teru said...

There were two tables of women there for lunch. One table would have been refused service in the main dining room for two-thirds of their lives.