Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Tuesdaddy

Morning:
grilled fat free cheese and soy bacon sandwich (I thought it tasted pretty good)
tea with non-fat soy milk
coffee with skim cow milk
water

Lunch:
salad with WAY too much fat-free dressing. Next time I'll ask for 1/4 of it (shhesh, dude! You put all the effort into making it, so why not let me taste the veggies)
water

Snack:
1 orange
1 banana

Dinner:
diet Dr Pepper
potato leek soup
grilled cheese and "bacon" sandwich
water
Oxycodone

I had a phone interview for the anesthesia this morning. Afterward they gave me some tips for when I come in, such as to wear loose clothing like sweatpants and a loose shirt that can be pulled up. I don't have any sweatpants I'd wear out of the house, so I took myself shopping for surgery clothes at lunch. While I'm still pissed off that you can't seem to find women's sweat pants with a drawstring waist and NO elastic (we have hips people, we don't need the elastic), I do love the ones I got. Their capri length with a wide waistband and drawstring at waist and cuffs. I got the ginormo size and they're a bit big, but I prefer sweatpants very loose.

Now my one question about this whole clothing thing is; if I had to wear a johnny to have a scope put down my throat, why do I get to wear my own clothes when they're going to make incisions in my abdomen? Perhaps I should have gotten things in pre-blood stained colors.

2 comments:

edrie said...

I'm glad you had the oxy for dinner!

The sweat pants and loose shirt are because you won't be able to bend over or put anything around your waist that is too tight after the surgery

Wear slip on shoes too

My mom wore a robe home

Teru said...

Oh! That makes sense! Now I'm happy about the elastic because I'll have to roll them down to get them off my waist.