Saturday, January 05, 2008

Saturday

Morning:
tea with soy milk
corn muffins, 3 small

Afternoon:
veggie sushi
1 bottle Citrus C Monster

I bought tons of fruit at the co-op today. I'm going to try to keep to the minimum of 3 fruits and 4 veg a day, but I don't think I'll manage that today the way I've gone so far.

But to help, I also bought a new (old) cookbook. It's Meatless Meals and from what I can tell it's a first edition from 1931 since I don't see any of the known reprint dates (yes, I'm a nerd and looked it up). The nutritional information is, um, interesting. Apparently we need to be careful we don't have too much carbon in our diets. Presumably this means living on rocks and water? And it lists vitamins F (no called essential fatty acids) and G (reclassified as Vitamin B2 or riboflavin).

Dinner:
veggie fajita that had some chicken in it, and Spouse thought tasted like the oil was off (I'll probably puke it up later). With cheese, sour cream and guacamole.
And water.

They took my dish off the bill with no questions and offered me something else, but I'd finished half of it by then and didn't want any more food. I may have fruit for dessert though. Or cake.

2 comments:

edrie said...

The dreaded VITAMIN F (said in 1950s PSA voice)

LOL

OMG chicken - I am glad they did the right thing, hope you weren't sick later!

You are doing REALLY well!!! Excellent foods list - you are in inspiration to keep going!

Teru said...

I'm still hovering at 183 though with two weeks to go until my goal date. Feh!

I didn't get sick from the chicken, which was good. But I did have cake and cornbread in addition to the fruit, which was bad :)