Monday, April 06, 2009

Took a Sickie

I was starting to feel really drained, like when you have a fever, yesterday so used it as an excuse to stay home. But since I rolled over in bed yesterday morning and strained my neck (almost as lame an injury as when I threw my back out plugging in an iron) AND somehow screwed up my foot so it feels like the cramp from hell when I try to walk, I feel justified in staying home. And I was still oogie when I sent the email that I'd be out. The neck is starting to feel better now after Freddie gave me massages last night and this morning (and he fixed my film editor!), but the foot is still screwed up. It's been a while since I've had an x-ray though, so maybe I'm just due for some radiation :)

I mad two recipes from Vegetarian Times last night that were fab! One was a red quinoa and beet salad from the Ubuntu restaurant (how could I pass that up) in Napa Valley, and the other was a pasta with asparagus and feta. After we ate the salad, neither of us were hungry for the pasta, so I've been munching it today. There's still leftover beets, quinoa and arugula for more salad too.

Beverages today have so far been limited to tea, of which I drank a whole pot! I'm a bit wired now.

Dinner was leftovers, water and a bit of coffee ice cream

1 comment:

edrie said...

I made guac this weekend - I think I was channeling you because it was really good!