Thursday, April 30, 2009

Bad me!

I am naughty for not posting, but I'll try to get back at it.

Yesterday I took my first steps (ha!) toward walking my way into fitness. I walked for 30 minutes at lunch while listening to an old radio show I'd downloaded. The result: big blister on my toe! It's got a bandaid on it so I will not be deterred from today's walking. Since I have a meeting to go to 12-1:30, I'll be walking after work.

Yesterday I also started some warmer weather breakfasts. I bought three different bags of organic frozen fruit, plus placed three bananas in the freezer before they went off. So yesterday was a mango, banana and pineapple smoothie made with Greek yogurt and soy milk and a scant teaspoon (if that) of honey. Yesterday's tea was lighter on sugar as well. Today's smoothie was pineapple and banana with even less honey (mainly because it wasn't coming out of the squeeze bottle) and lacked only a touch of coconut to make it a total tropical explosion. I have some unsweetened coconut too, so may try that tomorrow.

I managed to keep from big snacking yesterday somewhat. My post-walk lunch was a salad with sesame dressing (about 2T?) and a hard boiled egg. There was some leftover food from noon service and I managed to avoid the olives, feta, hummus and crackers in favour of the grape tomatoes, which were really sweet. Pre-class much was veggie sushi and post-section dinner was cod and leeks with a couple tiny, 1" potatoes. I paid WAY too much for that small amount of food, but cod isn't really sustainable, so I'll just call that guilt money. Oh, and 2 pints.

Today's lunch is provided at the meeting, so I don't know quite what it will be yet. I'm hoping for a snack-feasting dinner though.

Ugh. Lunch was a Greek salad wrap. I HATE wraps as it's like someone smeared out paste in a circle, let it dry then rolled some salad up in it and let it soak through again. I ate about 1/4 of it, then picked out and ate the filling with my fingers. And then I had the included crisps and cookie. There were two cookies included but I traded my second one for some Advil.

No comments: