Monday, April 13, 2009

Still full from Sunday

I made tons of food yesterday and ate too much of it. I'm still full this morning so limited myself to tea for breakfast. Spouse says I feel thinner to him. I though I haven't noticed anything yet.

I made an appointment for my annual exam (nearly a bi-annual at this point!) but can't get in until July. At least that gives me some more time to slim down a bit. I weight about 20 pounds more than the last time I was in and then I was trying to lose weight too! But maybe the writing will help. I've started a private blog that I'm viewing as my therapist. I spill everything, no matter how hard it is (and some of it is hard to put down in print) and just try to let go. It's also good for general bitching when someone annoys me :) And it's probably better than slugging the person or screaming, "SHUT UP!"

Mollie Katzen was doing a cooking demo with tastings and recipes in our cafeteria today. I had a bit of everything (you got a small plate to put a taste of each dish on) and really loved the gingered asparagus most. The black beans in mango sauce were good too, but I think the dish I want to try most (after the asparagus) is couscous with orange and dill. I have a ton of dill left over from co-op last night and would only need to buy an orange. Well, technically I'd need to buy couscous too, but I'm going to try it with quinoa instead.

The rest of lunch was veggie lasagne and green beans.

Dinner was the quinoa dish and sausage over baby spinach and half an artichoke with vegan dijonaisse.

2 comments:

edrie said...

Yeah for private writing!!!!

Teru said...

It really does help me. Although I need to find more time to do it. I've been trying when I first get in to work, but it seems others are coming in earlier and earlier and my office is the one with the coffee maker.