Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Short term goals

So while my long-term goal is the same, I've decided on something for the short term, just to have something tangible to strive for. Losing all the weight is a huge thing, and it seems so daunting right now, but I think I can focus on something small much easier. I've decided I want to weigh 180 by my birthday, which is more than doable. This morning my weight was 183.5, but I've still got Christmas and New Year's to get through.

Three and a half pounds in a month isn't much, but I don't want to hurry with this if I want to keep it off. If I manage a pound a week it will take me a year to get down to where I want to be, and that's just fine. It took four years to gain 50 pounds (I'm sure I could have done it faster if I'd be trying), so taking it off in a year seems like a good pace to me!

Morning:
tea w/ soy milk
coffee w/ soy milk
crumpet w/ 1t honey
water

Snack:
1 cookie

Lunch:
veggie sushi
water

Snack:
mini candy cane
2 chocolates

Dinner:
1 veggie spring roll w/ peanut sauce
#92 (tofu and veg with wide rice noodles)
green tea bubble tea
hot tea
water
(we all went to Le's after class)

3 comments:

edrie said...

THAT, my dear, is an excellent goal

The holidays will be hard to get through BUT you are a strong and determined woman!

Teru said...

And I'm a woman who has already lost 2 pounds in one week :) Go me!

edrie said...

Beating your goals left and right already!!!