Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Another blood test today

I wish she'd let me know that she put the order in to the lab when she left me a message last week. I'd have gotten it done yesterday.

Morning:
tea with soy milk
crumpet with 1t honey
coffee with soy milk

Snack:
pecan pie (not really a "snack", but there were two whole pies right outside my office!)

Lunch:
roasted vegetable salad with half of the mustard dressing it comes with
water

I made the woman at the lab smile when I checked in by telling her I'd come to see the vampires :)

Dinner:
Replay of last night

I spoke with the doctor tonight too and she's going to do the referral to a surgeon once I decide which hospital I want. I can do Beth Isreal or Mount Auburn. Any advice?

4 comments:

edrie said...

Did they give you a fasting cholesterol check as well?

Teru said...

My cholesterol has always been good so I'm not due for another check for a while. They're only checking my liver right now. And given that I came up negative even for the tests that check for alcoholism as a cause (how that happened, I'll never know), it seems pretty clear that this was just a blocked bile duct issue.

edrie said...

I was wondering because cholesterol lowering drugs are sometimes responsible for "sludge" in the gall bladder - my mom had to have hers out because of that

Thing I didn't know... most everyone has gall stones and doesn't have a problem unless a blockage occurs

Teru said...

I did know that! But only because I started researching the Friday before going to the hospital :)