Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Back at work

My doctor said there was no reason for me not to go to work, so I'm back.

I was thinking about what my final goal on this should be. I'm not sure if I want to pick a number on a scale. My doctor would probably do a variation of that by choosing BMI, but those are so arbitrary, being based on weight, not body fat or fitness. The one goal I've chosen so far is waist size. It's slightly arbitrary, but I know that for my frame size a 30" waist is perfectly acceptable, and I could probably go smaller, so that's my final goal (for now).

Currently I have a 41" waist, but that might be a little inflated due to some bloating this morning. Unfortunately, it sounds about right. A ten inch loss seems unattainable right now, but I know it's something that will take time. It took time to put that 10 inches on, and it will take even longer to get rid of it.

Morning:
plain tea
2 slices plain toasted wheat bread, not whole wheat (what they call brown bread in the UK and Ireland)
coffee with soy milk
water

Lunch:
Vietnamese veggie spring rolls with peanut sauce
garden salad, plain, no dressing
pear
water

Evening:
The fucking cafeteria in the science center closed off the salad, sandwich and grab and go things (yogurt, sushi, etc) two hours before they closed down so I couldn't get anything but a pear (not ripe) and a 16oz carton of juice. I had no intention of risking a burrito or pizza.

I think I'll have some toast now.

2 comments:

edrie said...

You've measured and weighed and I cant even do that yet!

Good for you!

I haven't decided on a firm goal yet either - but I rather like the waist size idea

Teru said...

Since I know I can have a waist that size, it seemed a reasonable goal. and then I don't obsess over the scale, just sculpting bits of muscle.