Monday, July 08, 2013

I can't go on like this

Today my weight was 190.5 lbs. It's been in that area for almost two years now. It's just not healthy for me.

That said, I do NOT want my daughter to ever see me diet or fret about my weight. I would rather she see me make and eat real food and be generally active and have that be normal. She already gets to see her dad as an active bicyclist and we now have a vegetable garden (although that's more of a "proof of concept" this year) in addition to farmer's market and other fresh food coming in the house.

But I need to do something about my weight.

The short-term I'm trying, which I have tried before (but this time I mean it, I swear!) is to do some exercising at work during my lunch. I'm day one into a twelve-week regime. I hope I can keep it up. My goal is to be 180 lbs by daughter's 2nd birthday in October. A modest goal.

No comments: