Thursday, July 11, 2013

Four days in

I've managed exercise at work every day this week (yes, I'm only working four days. It's summer!) I hope to be able to get in a regular routine at least one day over my three day weekend as well. I know that I will at least be going housework or gardening , or just running after the wee one, so some exercise will happen, even if not formalized.

During this first week I have done nothing with my diet. I'm consuming vast quantities just as I have been. It's summer though so my appetite does change, but I haven't made any effort to improve my eating. Once the exercise has been going for a while (maybe three weeks?) I'll look into that. It may mean the dreaded menue planning though.

I really don't like menu planning, especially in the summer. Summer for me has been all about farmers' markets and eating what's fresh and picked that week. How can I plan when I don't know what the farmers will have? Even over the last winter I relied on a CSA supplemented by the wintermarket (where I picked up the CSA) and Farmers To You.  Just having that has improved my eating generally over the past couple of years. But planning? <shudder> I may have to give myself a range of meals to be finalized when I see what's available.

As for my exercise, it's time to reveal that yes, I've been back to Jack Lalanne. Something about the patronizing, but really caring manner and horrible (yes, I do hate it) mid-century moder decor that draws me in. Plus it's on YouTube and only takes 24 minutes of my day. Right now I'm on episode 1. Next week I will do episode 2 each day and work from there. Baby steps. That's the plan.

No comments: