Monday, January 31, 2011

Stairs: I am not the master

I got rather inspired by the recent stair climbing post by Bitch Cakes and thought it might be good to try some stair climbing here at work. Originally I was planning the north stairwell from basement to top, four flights, starting with one flight on Monday and working up to five on Friday. Today, the first day I was to attempt, it occurred to me to try the central stairwell which is six flights (yes, there are additional stories in the middle of the building.) Let's just say I'm happy I started with one. While I'm sure I can work my way up, I may resort to the shorter stairwell until I'm fitter.

In addition to the stairs today, I got my ass out of bed early so I could start week 1 of Jack LaLanne before work. He starts things off rather easy so it wasn't a real challenge to start my week. It even got me warmed up enough to do 30 minutes of Wii Fit after while listening to the news. So today I've not only managed to get all my exercise in before noon, I got in more than my typical goal.

Exercise Goal for the rest of the week:
Jack LaLanne every morning
Stairs (four or six flights) every late morning/early afternoon, increasing by one repetition each day (six flights today, twelve tomorrow, etc). If I have to rest on a landing, that's okay.
At least 10 minutes of Wii Fit either before or after work.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Teru said...

Thanks! Unfortunately right after I posted this I threw up, but that might not have been stair-related. If it happens again today I may need to rethink this exercise strategy.