Thursday, February 04, 2010

Hungry + Work Stress = GRUMPY

I was horrible when I got home. I snapped at spouse for putting something I use almost daily (the oil spray bottle) in the back of the cupboard above the stove where not only could I not reach it, but couldn't even see it. He's done that sort of thing before (being 6'3" it never occurs to him that these things are far out of reach for me) but I usually just get the step ladder and start searching rather than snap. I did thank him for starting dinner and for cleaning the kitchen. He also made toasted bread crumbs out of my failed bread so now we have that for katsu and the like.

Dinner last night was scheduled to be:
Broiled ham (3 oz)
stuffed baked potato (1/2 med)
sprouts (1/2 cup)
carrot curls (1/2 med)
celery sticks (3 stalks)
gingerbread (2" cube)
coffee

I planned to do a pork chop for Spouse and seitan for me (with an onion and white wine sauce), but he opted to just have the potato and veg. I did have sprouts in the 'fridge, but we went for asparagus instead. The potatoes were just baked and he had butter on his while I went for plain yogurt on mine. In lieu of carrot, celery, gingerbread and coffee I had Manhattans. It was that kind of day.

The morning menu was fairly close today. Scheduled:
tangerine (1 med)
vienna sausage (2oz)
scrambled egg (1)
whole-wheat toast (1 slice)
skim milk (1 cup)

Actual:
grapefruit (1/2)
Quorn sausage (2oz)
scrambled egg (1)
whole-wheat toast (1 slice)
tea with soymilk (practically the whole damned pot)
orange juice (1 cup)
multi vitamin (1 giant horse pill)

Lunch was supposed to be baked 4oz salmon steak but good luck finding one that small. I get all flustered buying salmon too as it's on the environmental "NO" list so I picked up flounder fillets and baked them with some curry spices, onion and a splash of white wine. Green beans go with and a pear for dessert.

Tonight I'm going out with Miss E so have no idea what I'll actually have for food. The book, which I did get yesterday, has a meatloaf meal listed but I don't think I'll bother with that even if I do cook. I'll see what Spouse feels up to when I get home and go from there.

No comments: