Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Hungry today

Last night turned out to be a bust as far as exercise goes. Plus I forgot to bake the bread I set in the oven to rise and it had fallen this morning (baked it anyway and it's vaguely edible.)

Last night's meal was listed as:
Roast veal (3 oz)
Whole kernel corn (1/2 cup)
cauliflower (1/2 cup)
salad of grapefruit and orange (1/2 each) on lettuce
strawberry gelatin (1/2 cup)
coffee

Actual meal was:
Homemade seitan (3 oz)
brocoli and green beans(1+ cup)
pear (1)
beer (1 very large bottle)

This morning's breakfast didn't work out as planned either. The boiled egg wasn't cooked (!) even after 5 minutes, the bread was flat and I felt generally rushed. Proposed breakfast menu:

orange juice (1/2 cup)
rice flakes (1 cup)
banana (1/2 med)
egg cooked in shell (1)
buttered bread (1 slice)
skim milk (1 cup)

Actual breakfast menu:

grapefruit (1/2)
homemade fruit granola (1/2 cup)
fat-free Greek yogurt (1/2 cup)
dry bread (1 very small, heavy slice)
tea with soy milk (1/3 cup soymilk)

As you can see, that's much less food than I ate yesterday and I'm already hungry (at 9:30). Lunch is quite small as well as I'm skipping the Perfection salad (a vegetable and gelatin mould - yuck!) and cup of skim milk. Lunch will be sauteed Quon naked cutlet (original called for chicken), 1/2 cup egg noodles and 1/2 asparagus with an apple for dessert. I could eat the whole thing now. I may need to grab a banana to help tide me over.

****
UPDATE

Snagged a banana and some supposedly steamed (they tasted like there was some kind of fat on them) green beans from the caff at lunch.

No comments: